S&L Pages

Silk and Lookies is as scrumptious as Milk and Cookies.... Here you will get a taste of everything fun,fabulous,chic and sometimes dramatic through the eyes of a few interesting people. Enjoy!!

Monday, October 4, 2010

The Bet Hip Hop Awards 2010




To say the BET Hip Hop Awards was interesting would be a understatement. I learned a lot of things that day. One, the Hip Hop awards are a hot ghetto mess, best looked at on television. It's no wonder that big artists, such as Jay, Kanye, TI, and Drake skip this foolishness, lol. Two, never ever be late to the red (in this case) black carpet. That is the best part of having inside access and when u get to mingle with everyone. Three, award shows that aren't live suck. They have to keep retaking the simplest of introductions, cue Jermaine Dupri (u had to be there I guess). Four, if you don't go with one of the actual artists (not as the entourage either, I mean as his/her number two ticket because they only get one ticket for one other person that can sit right next to them) it's not really a place for anyone (except true fans) to be. I honestly could keep going but I need to stop bc it's not like I'm not glad I went. I am, though if I never went to another I would absolutely live! My favorite part was Antoine Dobson's performance (which is actually very short). That's right, "hide ur kids, hide ur wife, cause they raping everyone out here". My girlfriend and I lost control a little too much when this came on, lol. And of course seeing Trey Songz up close and in person never hurts either.

Couple inside tidbits: Diddy was part of Rick Ross's entourage, I barely knew that was him until he won for best hustler or something of that nature for the song "Hello, Good Morning". Mike Epps was decently funny this year, as we know from before, he is hit or miss. My favorite line of his was "this next artist is so young that they caught Bishop Eddie Long looking at him with binoculars in the back", lol, that was about Souljah Boy. The crowd went crazy when Waka Flaka performed. Even though to me, he's just alright ( I know some of you are like what??). Salt and Pepa are honored with a lifetime award. Nicki Minaj is really crazy and proves it by speaking in 5 voices, no retake needed. And just so I don't spoil everything, lastly, the video of Ice Cube, his two sons, Reverend Run, and his two sons, rapping is super duper dope, #Diggyistheshit.

Take a lookie at the black carpet pics.

Lleya Fields













No comments:

Post a Comment