S&L Pages

Silk and Lookies is as scrumptious as Milk and Cookies.... Here you will get a taste of everything fun,fabulous,chic and sometimes dramatic through the eyes of a few interesting people. Enjoy!!

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Flashes of Hope



Last Wednesday night I might just have had one of the best nights that I've had in Cleveland in a while. Most of the reason had to do with Flashes of Hope, a charity that provides photographs for children fighting cancer. This charity is important because the pictures that they take are some of the last "professional" pictures that child may ever have. As a parent, you cant help but think about your own children when you attend something like this. It makes you appreciate the time you have, even the stressful times (as I type this my 3 year old is screaming , lol). I've gone two years in a row to their annual event called "Big Shots and Little Stars". And just like the charity it represents, it keeps getting bigger and better every year. For two years in a row, Flashes of Hope has collaborated with the Cleveland Cavaliers, but this was the first year that the team actually mingled with the guests. Dan Gilbert is really trying to drive home a more fan friendly and tangible Cavs team, and I like it. Afterwards, Ahryn and I headed to Bodega to hit up Amy's weekly Wednesday night. I had never been there, and when I tell you I fell in love... Let's just say I plan on spending a lot of my time there. With that being said take a lookie:
Lleya Fields



























The woman in the blue on my left is my mother, yes my mother, I'm praying for her aging genes, lol, seriously.


Ahryn and I at Bodega, more Bodega pics below










Both of those are random video footage from that night. I have really good footage of the event but my computer will not download for whatever reason :(. But the random video is cute and the one with Ahryn whipping her head is priceless ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment