S&L Pages

Silk and Lookies is as scrumptious as Milk and Cookies.... Here you will get a taste of everything fun,fabulous,chic and sometimes dramatic through the eyes of a few interesting people. Enjoy!!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Welcome to Atlanta



The BET Hip Hop Awards was actually not the reason that I even went to Atlanta. I called myself going to attend Clark Atlanta's Homecoming. Sadly, we (my college girls and myself) barely did anything homecoming related. Let's just say that we spent more time getting dressed than actually partying :(. Putting four women in one room was definitely not one of our smartest ideas. However, we did get lots of quality time with each other, which never really happens. And promised to see each other every year for the rest our lives, lol. We'll see if that actually happens. We did attend a couple of events that were completely un-homecoming related and ate at a couple of good restaurants, which always makes for great pictures. Take a lookie!
Lleya Fields

The hallway at the W turned into our picture backdrop for most of the trip, smh. Mostly because it was convenient.

My bestie from college Robyn and her great friend Dot.




I am such a shrimp, look at how much Robyn had to bend down just to be on the same level as me. :(

There's a really funny story about this picture, but u had to be there to truly get it, so no point in me sharing, lol.

The three of us, my first night in ATL, having drinks outside in the courtyard.

Deuces

From some reason I can't remember the name of this restaurant but the food was soooo good. Above, Robyn, Valeisha, And Natalie.

I almost never take pictures of my food but I couldn't believe it was as good as it was!! That's greens in my eggs, and they were delicious!

At the mall we ran into Tasha, another of our college buddies.





Friday night on our way to 3 "events".




The first one was held at a shoe store. This was my favorite thing that we did all weekend. It was hosted by Honey Magazine, a ladies only event, that honored several women, including Shanti Das and Shante Broadus (Snoop's wife).



The shoes in this store were dope, I really thought about running out with this one....thank God they were smart and only had one side on display, lol.

Me and my Rah!!

Us with Shanelle from Young Money. I thought she was cute in person, some of the others didn't quite agree.


Valeisha, Shanti, and myself. As u can see I was a little too excited. If u don't know who this women is, google her asap. U can't be a hip hop head and not know her.


The scenery


Us at event 2, Polow Da Don's event. Not a lot going on here. But we made the most of it, at least the food and drinks were free.

V, doesn't give the side eye much, but at least she looked cute while doing it, lol.


Sexy..lmao


Third and final event of the night, it was suppose to be a CAU Homecoming party at the W, but it looked more like Freaknik, smh. Note to self, never stick ur neck out like that in a picture again, eww!!!



Oh, Christy.....

Valeisha, Chelsia, and Robyn


Getting makeup done before the Hip Hop awards.



In the limo on the way to the show.



After the awards, we were starving and headed to Straits, Ludacris's restauant, which has some of the best food, that I've ever had in my life. And the drinks weren't bad either. :)


At our table.



Thanks to Valeisha, Luda's mom sent a bottle of champagne to our table to esnure we had VIP treatment. Thanks ma, lol!



Back to the W, for more drinks and catching up with old friends...



And new friends!


Last flicks of the night...


And of our weekend. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment