S&L Pages

Silk and Lookies is as scrumptious as Milk and Cookies.... Here you will get a taste of everything fun,fabulous,chic and sometimes dramatic through the eyes of a few interesting people. Enjoy!!

Monday, October 18, 2010

I got yelled at by the President....



Well sort of, lol. Yesterday I got the chance to meet/greet President Obama and First Lady Michelle when they arrived in Cleveland to show support for Gov. Ted Strickland. To say it was one of the coolest things that I have ever done would be an understatement. There was a group of about 15 of us that were allowed on the tarmac to personally get to speak with them as they exited off of Air Force 1. To give you an idea of how elite the group was, in front of my parents and I were the Mayor of Cleveland Frank Jackson, Congressman Louis Stokes and his aide, Congressman Dennis Kucinich, and one of the most prestigious lawyers in Cleveland (sorry I forgot his name, nice man though). I don't even know who the people were behind us, but let's just say I'm sure they were pretty important to be there. And of course then there was us. lol. Thank God my parents are included as important people in Cleveland because I surely wouldn't have made the cut! We each got to talk to both the President and the First Lady individually, and other than Congressman Stokes and the Mayor (I think), I was the only other person she gave a hug to...sigh...They wouldn't let me take pictures on the tarmac (and I did not want to get taken down by Secret Service agents) but there was a white house photographer who was constantly snapping pictures as we spoke to them, so hopefully I'll be able to post pictures of that in the future. Getting back to why I was yelled at by the Pres. I spoke to him, told him I was great friends with Congressman G.K. Butterfield's daughter, yada yada, he listened, was polite and kept on moving. All business, lol. However, Michelle came over and my parents and I basically talked her to death, about among other things, how much we loved her, how great it was to see her, how I wanted my daughters to meet her (to which she said, let's make it happen :) ), and we kept going and going..lol..And she was sooo nice that she kept listening, and listening, until President Obama (who at this point had spoken to EVERYONE else in the line) came all the way back down to us, saying at the top of his voice, "Who is holding my wife up?"...Followed immediately after by "Ohhhh, it's you three!" Hilarious, though I"m sure it is a you had to be there thing for some of you, lol. Let's just say I had the best day and I owe it all to my parents, luv them! Take a lookie at a couple of the pics that I took on my blackberry.
Lleya Fields
PS: The picture above was taken by Yahoo News!! I had no idea it existed until a cousin hit me on Facebook and said she saw me! So for all the naysayers Facebook has some good attributes, lolol.


Me before I left the house..I had thought about getting a presidential weave for the event but figured the Pres would prefer the more natural me, lol




Air Force 1 is huge..I don't why I thought it was a small jet..smh



Congressman Stokes was sooo nice :)!


My mom and I


My parents and I in front of Air Force 1

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Anonymous!! Whoever u r...lol
    Lleya

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it...too cool! Your mom told me about it last night! And you know I'll be more than happy to go and help you with the girls whenever that visit happens :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As stated on FB, both ur comments and the babysitting offer are appreciated!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My!!! How lucky you are!!!... Sweet, Im at your house with Donny... You are off meeting the lovely First Lady and the greatest man alive (aside from my Ivan, lol, lol)...President Obama... And you looked BEAUTIFUL!

    luv ya PDR

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww thanks Trease!!! U made my morning! And you know I luv your Ivan almost as much as you, lol.

    ReplyDelete