S&L Pages

Silk and Lookies is as scrumptious as Milk and Cookies.... Here you will get a taste of everything fun,fabulous,chic and sometimes dramatic through the eyes of a few interesting people. Enjoy!!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Menswear for Women

One of the biggest trends going on in women's fashion right now is.....Menswear. Yes I said it, menswear. Slacks, blazers, tuxedo jackets, button downs, and to top it off ties. Most people won't like this trend and furthermore most people will not do it correctly either. Its one of those trends that lie on the thin line of looking incredibly great or incredible bad...but I guess either way at least you look incredible lol. I personally adore this trend and will be rocking the f'k out of it somewhere soon, not to say that I will do the trend justice myself!!?!? One of the first people that I saw it on personally, maybe at all, was my girl Yun who I credit as being the most stylishly fashion forward person I know. I have to say she starting rocking the look over a year ago, and I absolutely loved it every time she did it. Well below are some pics of this trend, both good and bad...Take a Lookie!!!!
~AhrynT



Jessica Alba: The way that she is wearing this look would look great on most women of different sizes. I like how she made this look very feminine by just wearing the blazer, slacks, and no shirt underneath.
 Leighton Meester: I love how Leighton has completely gone for the whole androgynous feel of this trend by incorporating the button down buttoned all the way to the top with a lose tie. The way she pieced this together looks best on a very slender build, a curvy frame could look to stuffy in this particular look.
Halle Berry: I have to say that this wasn't exactly my favorite version of this trend. Granted she is beautiful and didn't murder the trend, but in my opinion it was just way to much going on. The metallic print with the embellished black top, and boot cut slacks were all wrong to me. In my opinion (and I am no style guru) with a style like this the minimalistic approach is the best one to achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment