S&L Pages

Silk and Lookies is as scrumptious as Milk and Cookies.... Here you will get a taste of everything fun,fabulous,chic and sometimes dramatic through the eyes of a few interesting people. Enjoy!!

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

15 Things U Didn't Know About Me: Kai Crawford Edition




This has been a crazy week people, which is why Ahryn and I haven't been doing much blog wise. Ahryn is pretty much coordinating the Next Fashion show this week and that is taking up a lot of her time. And of course she has somehow convinced me to join her in it (which is a truly a labor of luv because she knows that I have the worst stage fright), so now its taking up some of my time, lol. Along with my usual mommy duties, a crazy run in with this V character (a whole nother story, lmao), and of course pole class...let's just say I'm exhausted. Either way I wanted to do a follow up post to the 15 things post I did back in March when Ahryn first got the blog started. This time though, since I'm blessed with having quite a few interesting friends, I want to have them tell us 15 things about them, and since most of u don't know them, I'll give u a lil bio and/or background info on them. The first one is going to be my homie Kai, that I met way back in my Clark Atlanta days. He actually has a bio, so you can read below who is he and what he does, but for me Kai is sooo much more! He is really a life long friend that even if I don't talk/see in years, we fall right back in place like no time has passed. There's this great story that I luv to tell about Kai (who was interning at So So Def) rescuing me at Jermaine Dupri's invitation only, "Farewell to Biggie Smalls" party in Atlanta, but I'm not sure how it'll come across in the written form, lol. Let's just say it had something to do with me ordering drinks on someone I wasn't supposes to tab, security lookin for me, and a big actor at that time bisexual girlfriend trying to take me home. Very interesting night indeed.. lol...but what I really learned about that night is that friends take care of friends, and that's what Kai did, and for that I am eternally grateful. Take a lookie:
Lleya Fields

Kai Crawford-Director/Producer

A filmmaker that makes it happen. Born and raised in Brooklyn, New York, Kai Crawford was inspired by the films of Spike Lee to become a filmmaker. Kai directed and edited the documentary feature, Akon "The Journey", commercials for Ford Taurus, and music videos for recording artists including Jason Derulo’s “In My Head”, BeBe & CeCe Winan’s “Close To You”, T.I’s “What’s Up, What’s Haapnin”, Akon’s "Locked Up", Yung Joc’s "I Know You See It", and T-Pain's "I'm Sprung".

While pursuing his BA in Mass Media Arts (Radio/TV/Film) at Clark Atlanta University, Kai worked as an intern at So So Def Recordings and LaFace Records. At So So Def, Kai served as the A&R assistant to BME Recording artist, LIL JON. With Lil Jon, he scouted for new talent at nightclubs and talent shows.

It wasn’t until Kai started working in the Video Production Department at LaFace Records that he knew music videos were his niche, and from there he went on to pursue a career directing music videos. His video for Jason Derulo’s “In My Head” and Akon's "Locked Up" received VMA nominations and he won “Best Comedy Video” for Hotsylz’s “Looking Boy” at the 2008 BET Awards.

15 Things U Didn't Know:

1. I was baptized at 28 years old
2. I received a full time scholarship from Spike Lee
3. I know martial arts and still practice and study it.
4. I'm taking flying lessons to get a pilot's license.
5. I've been to Africa 5 times
6. I'm ran a marathon in Dublin, Ireland on Oct 25
7. Favorite movies of all time is Dirty Dancing and Labamba.
8. I've been in love 3 times. Been heart broken two times.
9. I worry about nothing (God has my back)
10. I Love Rum Rasin Haagan Daz
11. I'm a sucker for girls with intelligence.
12. I like to travel alone. Can go anywhere on the planet by myself.
13. I like all Audi make and models
14. Turks and Caicos is my favorite vacation place.
15. I like meeting new people but I'm not into hanging out at clubs.





No comments:

Post a Comment