S&L Pages

Silk and Lookies is as scrumptious as Milk and Cookies.... Here you will get a taste of everything fun,fabulous,chic and sometimes dramatic through the eyes of a few interesting people. Enjoy!!

Monday, November 15, 2010

I am an Imaginist: Putting together NEXT's 15th Celebration Party

For the past few weeks most of my time and mind has been dedicated to coordinating the celebration for NEXT stores 15th anniversary, and what an amazing journey that was indeed. First and foremost before I even go into all the logistics I have to say that I am what I call an "Imaginist", which means I put my imagination to an idea and make it a reality. I'm sure there is already a word for this process, and I am no different than most people that make a concept into reality, but I must say that the celebration has indeed become one moment that meant alot to me. One thing that I am learning over and over again is that when you have a creative mind most people initially may not see or believe in your vision. So the process always begins with convincing myself that this is an obtainable/actionable idea by doing storyboards then creating a plan to put into motion. Once this is set I am full speed ahead, and anybody that has ever dealt with me and my "crazy" ideas knows that I am going to definitely try to sell you on it. Anyway, I have to say that the real intensity comes from all the emotion planning an event can bring because you have to work/deal with others, constantly readjust your plans, and most importantly pay attention to every detail....its quite like juggling. I thought hard, I stressed, I cried, I laughed, I doubted myself, I dove face first, and I succeeded. Most of all I learned that I have great people around me that that ride with me even if they don't quite see what I see. Bringing concept to reality is a synergistic effort, and I can only be absolutely grateful for the higher powers of the universe and all the people that have helped me. Thank goodness Lleya has all the pics from the event, which she will put in her post along with fabulous pics by photographer Tony Marv.

~AhrynT





Special Thanks To Max for being by my side allllllll the way.

2 comments:

  1. I am all about this photographer! Love the vibrant work and see a rising star!!! Truly Marvelous. ~ Ezzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah and thankgoodness to him we have fabulous pics for the blog.....Makes me wish we had a photograher on board to follow us everywhere we go lol.....(wishful thinking lol).

    ReplyDelete