S&L Pages

Silk and Lookies is as scrumptious as Milk and Cookies.... Here you will get a taste of everything fun,fabulous,chic and sometimes dramatic through the eyes of a few interesting people. Enjoy!!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Valeisha's Bday Dinner/Weekend 2011



Ooooh, NYC was amazing! And not because I went on shopping sprees, partied hard, ate at fantabulous restaurants, had amazing massages, took not one but 2 pole classes, got my makeup done twice, saw my sister, had countless hallway photo shoots, flirted with the Rev. Al Sharpton (don't ask, lmao), drank champagne on a Sunday afternoon in one of my favorite stores with one of my favorite people, or bought the last pair of sequined Louis Vuitton sneakers for women in the world (per the sales lady, lol). Noooo... New York was amazing because it reaffirmed yet again that great friends can make any activity turn into full fledged "event". I had soooo much fun just being around my girls, Valeisha and Robyn, I literally teared up when it was time to leave on Sunday :(. The three of us have been friends (I hate to give away our ages..) for 15 years and it never ceases to amaze me how at ease and effortless our friendship for the most part tends to be. And not only was it great to be with them but it was amazing to spend time with countless new friends that are finding special places in my heart! This particular weekend we celebrated Valeisha's birthday with a private dinner hosted by her great friend Mashonda. We got to eat Southern cuisine prepared by Mashonda's private chef in a beautiful penthouse in the middle of NYC. But before that event, we spent the day together at the spa, getting massages, and relaxing in the sauna and hot tub. And before that we spent the weekend eatting, shopping, catchin up with old and new friends, and basically goin HAM in our own lil way.The weekend was pretty special and I am sooo happy that I got to be a part of it. Take a lookie:
Lleya Fields
On my way to NYC, yayy!!


In the plane..I hate flyin by myself but NYC is probably the easiest flight ever from Cleveland


When I first arrived Bryon and his friends were still in town..they were soo sweet to let me hang with them for the afternoon

Bryon


Cee, Seuly, and Bryon
The Diesel store on 5th Ave was dope!



I obviously know nothin about relaxin bc I signed up for 2 pole classes on my first day in NYC..smh
Yanni
All sweaty after pole class, but well worth it

Below: Pics of my two pole teachers




Bonnie's class was soooo much fun..She's like a truck driver that can pole dance her ass off..can't wait to go back and take another one from her.


Later Thursday evenin

My great friend Kai Crawford took me to dinner at Buddakan, which is easily becomin one of my fave restaurants in NYC



His fish dish was mighty interestin..


Kai's a director (as u should know from my 15 things post) and the next video he's shootin is for the man in the LV scarf, sorry forgot his name....



Afterwards we went to my friend Arielle's party (she throws parties in NYC) at Veranda..it was fiyahhh! Kai and I kept saying we were leavin and stayed for around 4 hours.


Arielle has the most beautiful friends..I didn't catch all of their names but we partied like we knew ea other forever :)

The club was actually a Hookah bar, all legal people (but i did have a Miley Cyrus moment, lol)




The crowd at Veranda



Tiffany





Jazzlyn


Arielle takes the best pictures..I luv this girl she is nothin but fun





Friday nite


This ring was a big hit.. I believe I got it from Aldo accessories


Giuseppe Zanotti


My sister Natasha (two sisters in 1 week, yayy!!)

Robyn


My makeup Friday night was done by Keely's makeup artist Hiba, and it was amazing..I thought she made me look sooooo pretty






At Fleur De Mayo for dinner Friday nite







V & her mommy

Cuteness







Sabrina




On my way to the spa Sat morning

Our group




They served cute lil fruit trays and lemon and/or cucumber water





Yeah I'm rockin a paper bikini like it's a juicy swimsuit




I luv this pic.., the 3 of us, plus V's bestie Candance..fyi if u didn't notice..no makeup on any of us, and we still look amazing to me :)


After the spa we did some shoppin and went to lunch at Phillippe's

Me and makeup extraordinaire/celebrity makeup artist AJ Crimson, his work speaks for itself (there's a reason this man is working in hollywood #imjustsayin)


Tell me Rah doesn't look just like Princess Jasmin from Aladdin..


"I ran away from my palace"..hahahahaha..sorry lol




Dress: The Kardashians for Bebe





Shoes: Jimmy Choo




Dress: Alice & Olivia





Shoes - Giuseppe Zanotti and they were sickkkkkkkkk, if I do say so myself



On our way to V's dinner


V & her Dahntay, they are both sooo sweet, luv them together as a couple





Hey Keely! :)








This pic was from Letoya's twitter page..alas I don't have a twitter account, for reasons we shall not name..But thank u to Courtney for lettin me know :)










Toasting to the bday girl


Valeisha and her best friend Candance's mom, Mrs. Sutton




Nadine
Juwan







At the lounge in the W after V's dinner..we looked too cute to just go upsatirs and sleep..


Danielle (Robyn's cousin)



The W security guard was too funny


Omg, I was sooo sleepy! These pics were taken at about 3 am, right before our room service came. Let's just say Robyn, Danielle, and I were having a ball..lol


Last day in NYC :(

Omg, my Louis Vuitton sneakers are the dopest!!!



I luv when stores serve Champagne.. it eases the pain of all the money that you just spent, lol


The fabulous Genevieve Jones...I ran into her when I coming out of the Louis store in Soho
For those of you that don't know who she is, she is "THE" black socialite of NYC, among other things.

Last lunch at Cipriani :(

3 comments:

  1. Omg LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about this.. The ppl the photos the damn LV shoes ( FFFBBB!!!) and the pic with GJ.... LOOOVVVEEEE!!!!You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ONE WORD....AMAZING!!!!! EVERYTHING WAS ON POINT!!!!! LOVE IT!!!! LOVE IT!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete