S&L Pages

Silk and Lookies is as scrumptious as Milk and Cookies.... Here you will get a taste of everything fun,fabulous,chic and sometimes dramatic through the eyes of a few interesting people. Enjoy!!

Monday, March 8, 2010

I owe it all to Rashonda


I was having a wonderful convo with my sister in law this morning about who helped shape me or contributed to me being the me I am today. And it hit me. I owe it all to Rashonda Gadson. Rashonda was my first black friend when I moved to Cleveland. And most importantly she was my first black friend whose family had money. She showed me a world that until then my 10 year old mind didn't know actually existed. She had nice things...lots of nice things..and I wanted them all. She taught me the beauty of the color pink, the importance of the right outfit, that brass and lacquer were better than that shit I was sleeping on, and that floral was an acceptable pattern when done well. She also taught me about greed, specifically with a box of donuts, but that's another post. So today I want to tell Rashonda (wherever the hell she is) thank you for introducing me to the finer things in life b/c without her there would be a lil less fantabulousness in my life!

Smooches
Lleya

No comments:

Post a Comment