S&L Pages

Silk and Lookies is as scrumptious as Milk and Cookies.... Here you will get a taste of everything fun,fabulous,chic and sometimes dramatic through the eyes of a few interesting people. Enjoy!!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

I'm in Miami Beotch!


Well, not exactly.. but I will be come Sat. I swear I have bad vacation karma though. Every time I get ready to go somewhere one, or two, or all three of my kids get sick. This time the baby and me have both fallen off. But I refuse to let our sickness ruin a perfectly fantabulous trip. Miami is my favorite city/place, ever. I've been to the Bahamas, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, St.Barts (my mother would kill me for including them) , etc, etc and none of them compare to Miami to me. It's the perfect blend of island meets urban meets fabulous., my kind of place. This is the only place that I have ever been to (except NY I guess) where you can go shopping until 1 am. 1am people. Unheard of in Cleveland. The last time I went I had the absolute best time. The only other time that I have ever had that much fun was in Vegas for my 30th bday and tying with that experience says a whole flipping lot. Needless to say I expect great things out of this Miami trip and when I get back I plan to share them all with you. But for now I'll share pics of my last Miami experience so you can see the fantubulousness for yourselves.

Below are pics of our room at the Delano. Unreal right. When I tell you I felt like Diddy with all of that white furniture I am so serious. I even had a after life experience when I first walked in the room because the sun was so bright and it was shining on all that white, and I thought for a moment..this must be the white light you see when you die..but I digress, back to the pics. I took all of the pics myself, those are not hotel website shots. The first one is just a pic of me walking from one room to another..artsy..or so I thought. The rest are what the rooms looked like on the day we arrived. Nothing can compare to this room. And I'm not staying quite so over the top this time but it should be somewhat relative...I hope!








































Here are a couple of shots of me out during the evening. (I can't post all of them because there"s just too many.) I went to Set, which 2 years later is still one of the most happening clubs in South Beach. Only problem is we didn't get in. The short version is basically because of some one's shirt or lack thereof of one. So I'm trying again this time, wish me luck. We went to Nikki's Beach. Interesting is how I'll describe that one. But everyone around us seemed to be having fun! They also seemed to be on illicit drugs that I wasn't at all familiar with but hey, who am I to judge? We went to Karu & Y for Lebron's birthday party. I will describe that night as amazing and memorable, for oh so many reasons. To say I was pissed that I was out of town when he had the one here would be an understatement. We went to Mynt. This is/was another exclusive club in Miami and we did get in, thanks to the Delano's super fantabulous concierge Pedro (muah, love him). But we weren't really sure wtf was going on. It wasn't because we were like 2 of 4 black people there. We really could care less about that. It's good to get away from black folks some times. The problem was that we understood why there were no other black people there. There's only so much we as a people can handle. And the shit at Mynt on the upper level was other worldly. If you had told me that everyone in there was an alien, I would have totally believed you. And neither me nor the hubby were interested in being abducted that day or any day for that matter. Finally, there was the actual hotel. The Delano is timeless ( this is a word I will tend to use often). It was like a small piece of Vegas (minus the gambling) in Miami. We ran into celebrities at the pool, in the elevators, at the restaurants, etc etc. I would stay there every time IF it was up to me..but it isn't.
























Wow, this post is super long. So I'm going to end it. You get the picture. My last Miami trip was AMAZING. And I definitely hope to have the same experience this time. For whatever reason the Fresh Prince is playing in my head. "I'm going to Miami.." I definitely need to get off, smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment