S&L Pages

Silk and Lookies is as scrumptious as Milk and Cookies.... Here you will get a taste of everything fun,fabulous,chic and sometimes dramatic through the eyes of a few interesting people. Enjoy!!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Crazy for Betsey!


I am such a girlie girl. I've already told you about my love for tulle, the color pink, and all things that bring out my inner princess. Well there is no other designer out that encompasses everything I heart more than Betsey Johnson. I was introduced to her line at a very early age. My mom (who I get a lot of my inspiration for my fashion posts from) was/is addicted to her. Every time we went to any city (except Cleveland, who has never had and may never have a Betsey Johnson store) we had to search out a Betsey Johnson store. I remember thinking what is the big deal, as my mom tried on dress after dress in her zebra and pink boa dressing room. It was only when I became an adult and got some real fashion sense that I finally got it. And I'm happy to say that my mother now has a partner in crime to help her search down those stores. Betsey Johnson is a genius. Every time I step into her stores I experience a natural high. (The only other time this usually happens is when I buy Chanel shoes but that's for another post.) My mom and I even got to go to her fashion show during New York Fashion week a few years back. And yes at the end of the show, Betsey came down the runway doing her signature cartwheels. Not bad for a 60 something grandma! Below are a few dresses from her current collection. Take a lookie and enjoy!!
Lleya




















No comments:

Post a Comment